LG Stock: LG Electronics (LG) brings the G6 smartphone to Canada on April 7, 2017 . The newest smartphone features a bold new display format with a cinematic viewing experience, exceptional screen to body ratio, wide angle camera and more. Designed in response to consumer feedback and user opinions, the G6 offers a back-to-basics approach to premium smartphones. The G6 zeroes-in on the features consumers want, most notably a big screen that actually fits in one hand within a sleek yet durable, premium smartphone.
“The LG G6 answers the call of consumers with the features that are most important to them, like an amazing camera packed with innovative new features and a large display, all wrapped up in a sleek and sexy design,” says Shelly Walia , Brand Manager, Mobile Communications at LG Electronics Canada. “More and more people are using their smartphones for entertainment – gaming and videos. There is huge demand for big screens. At the same time, it can’t be so large that it’s difficult to hold and operate. With the LG G6 we’ve been able to maintain an ergonomically correct design by shrinking the bezel to offer a larger display.”
The LG G6 will be available at the following carriers: Bell, Eastlink, Fido, Freedom Mobile, Koodo Mobile, Rogers, SaskTel, TELUS, Videotron and Virgin Mobile. The following retailers will also carry the LG G6 at launch; Best Buy Mobile, Tbooth wireless, WIRELESSWAVE, Wireless Etc. (located in Costco Canada nationally) and WOW! mobile boutique.
Pre-orders on the LG G6 begin with select carriers on March 15, 2017 . Check with your provider for exact details and timing.
LG G6 Smartphone Highlights:
- LG G6 is a user-centric innovation
- 5.7″ FullVision Display; DolbyVision™ and HDR10 supported; 18:9 aspect ratio
- Narrow bezels for comfortable grip and easy one handed use
- Wide angle camera front and rear; square camera mode; advanced selfies; video studio and GIF generator
- Water and dust resistant
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 821 Processor
- Display: 5.7-inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
Front 5MP Wide (F2.2 / 100°)
Rear Dual: 13MP Wide (F2.4 / 125°) / 13MP Standard OIS 2.0 (F1.8 / 71°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colours: Ice Platinum / Astro Black
- Other: Water and Dust Resistant (IP68) / Fingerprint Sensor / UX 6.0 / Dolby Vision™ / HDR10 / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and trend setter in the mobile and wearable industry with breakthrough technologies and innovative designs. By continually developing highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery, camera optics and LTE technology, LG creates handsets and wearables that fit the lifestyles of a wide range of people all over the world. LG is seeking to provide a playful mobile experience that extends beyond the scope of traditional smartphones.
The article first appeared in finance.yahoo.com