BLIZZARD has tweaked Ana and McCree on PC, but will incorporate the changes as part of a lager patch on Xbox One and PS4.
The Overwatch updates continue to come thick and fast, as Blizzard releases a new leaderboard system on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
The top-500 leaderboards can be accessed by players at skill level 60 and above, but will be reset at the end of every season.
Players who make it into the top-500 will receive an in-game notification, as well as a special icon next to their online IDs. Animated sprays will also be rewarded to anybody who makes it into the top 500 at any point during a season.
Leaderboards will be separated by console and by region, so the top-500 players in Europe will be different to the best of the best in North America.
The Overwatch developer has released patch notes for a new update on PC, which includes powering up Ana and nerving fan-favourite McCree.
In addition to hero balancing, the update also fixes some existing bugs, and tweaks the user-interface.
The same update will eventually be released on Xbox One and PS4, where it will be rolled into a larger patch at a later date.
The big news is that Ana’s Biotic Rifle now has a faster rate of fire, while her magazine size has increased from eight to ten.
Explaining the increase, Blizzard said: “While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.”
“McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands.
“This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past.
“The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.”
- Rate of fire increased by 20%
- Magazine size increased from 8 to 10
- Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
- Damage falloff amount is unchanged
- As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
- Rate of fire increased by 15%
- Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds
- Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)
- Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lúcio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)
This article first appeared on the express.co.uk