I have to give all credit to Ubisoft for sticking with Ghost Recon Wildlands. After arriving to a tepid reception they’ve continued to improve it immensely in the months since launch, capping it all off with the really rather great Ghost war PvP mode. The fun doesn’t there either, with Ubisoft detailing a content roadmap for Wildlands’ new player versus player mode that includes new classes, maps, modes and official ranked play.
It’s not just promises for future content either, there’s a brand spanking new updated for Ghost Recon Wildlands. For whatever reason, it’s a 5.5GB download on Steam and 12GBs on Uplay and consoles. Ghost War Update 1 introduces the new Uplink PvP mode. It sounds pretty similar to the original Elimination mode in truth – two teams of four must battle to hack an access point located in the centre of the map. Whoever hack it first, wins. You can also win by eliminating the entire enemy team.
Uplink’s arrival is joined by four maps specially designed for it. These are Warehouse, Oil Rush, Burn-Out and Sub Factory. Meanwhile, the classic Elimination mode is being updated with new Cartel Depot and Farm Town maps.
Lastly but not least there’s the introduction of the post-launch class. The Disruptor’s primary skill is to affect the HUD readouts of other opponents. Should enemies get too close to the Disruptor their HUD will become scrambled, leaving them with nothing but their eyes to pick out enemy threats.
A fairly hefty chunk of content, all said and done, and there are least five more of these updates to come between now and April 2018.
As well as this, the patch includes a whole bunch of other bug fixes and the like, the full details of which you can see below:
- Fixed an issue where the name and description for the Thermal Vision Perk were incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon icon was missing in the kill log for P12 (Scout Class), P45T (Artillery Class), and 5.7 USG (Tank) pistols.
- Fixed an issue where the Aim Assist would reset to ON at the beginning of every round.
- Fixed an issue where the aiming and damage UI circle of the Mortar drone was not shown on the surface of the water.
- Fixed an issue where the medic drone mark remained active on the HUD for all other classes with a drone in bag.
- Fixed an issue where the enemy sound marker was not showing on the tacmap when spectating.
- Fixed an issue where the suppression bubble of the first player would shield other players behind him in a line.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum ping distance shown in spectate mode was limited to 148 m.
- Fixed an issue where the player would become invincible as long as the top bar of the game, while set to windowed mode, was clicked and held.
- Fixed an issue where changing the helicopter pitch invert Y-axis on the mouse would also affect pitching up and down from the keyboard
- Recruit: The drone has been removed from his loadout.
- Tech: Increased HP by 30%.
- Pointman: Increased HP by 10%.
- Sniper: Removed mines and reduced damage; Assault Classes will need two body shots.
- Enforcer: Made it possible to change his weapon’s scope.
- Ranger: Increased stamina by 50% and increased effectiveness of PSG submachine gun.
- Sentinel: Improved interface to make tracking easier.
- Diversionist: Increased drone’s battery.
- Quarry: South spawn point has been moved forward and more cover has been added.
- Dust Town: Streamlined the map layout and removed part of the map that was too easy to defend.
- Coca Farm: This map has been temporarily removed from quickplay rotation. It’s still available for Custom Match.
- Most classes can now choose their handguns from a wider selection.
- Alternate scope attachments have been added.
- Removed the damage reduction from having a suppressor equipped.
- Ability to holster weapons have been removed.
- Leaving ongoing matches will now result in time-out penalties.
- Matchmaking was tweaked so that beginner players have better chances to encounter appropriate opponents.
- Reduced the amount of XP required to reach each level so players will progress quicker. Some issues related to the functionality of the progression UI have also been fixed.
Ghost Recon Network
- New statistics has been introduced to integrate the new features (Uplink mode and Prestive level)
- A new slider on the dashboard page will give a better overview on our news.