The largest free update to ever be released for The Division is coming soon with new game modes, weapons, and other changes.
Ubisoft has previewed the update more than once leading up to its release, and though they still haven’t announced a release date for the free update, we now know when to expect that reveal. It was announced in the latest State of the Game post that the release date of the new update will be known on Dec. 4.
The official announcement of the game’s update will most likely come with more in-depth details about the changes that are coming with the update, but some of the changes like the new game modes already received a few details in these State of the Game posts. The most recent post gave a quick recap of what’s coming soon for those who haven’t been keeping up with The Division’s changes.
- Resistance—a new PVE horde mode activity in which Agents use SHD-Tech to build fortifications against allied enemy factions.
- Skirmish—a new 4v4 PVP mode that emphasizes close-quarters combat and gunplay.
- Revamped Underground—the same Underground Agents know and love, but with new Directives, Checkpoints, chances for Classified Gear, and Hunters.
- Rogue 2.0—a voluntary rogue toggle for PVP flagging that we hope will rebalance the Dark Zone.
- Gear Optimization—a new system that allows players to spend D-Tech to upgrade weapon/gear statistics to maximum.
- West Side Pier—a map expansion on the left-hand portion of Manhattan.
- New Exotic Weapons—the new ‘Big Alejandro’ exotic LMG, the new ‘Devil’ and ‘Heel’ exotic MMR pair, and of course the new ‘House’ SMG.
Ubisoft also expanded on how they’d like to alter the Dark Zone, an area that’s supposed to be a mixture of PvP and PvE. It’s leaning much more towards the PvP at the moment though, but they’re “confident in the changes that will occur” with the new update.
The release date of the update might not be coming until Dec. 4, but rest assured that the actual update will be released sometime next week. You can read the full State of the Game post here, and look for another one with detailed patch notes on Monday.