The Development team have revealed that the patch deployment phase is about to start, with launch expected in a few hours.
“Maintenance to deploy update 1.8 incoming December 5th at 09:00 AM CEST / 03:00 AM EDT / 12:00 AM PDT, approx. 3.5 hours,” a message from Ubisoft explains.
From what The Division team has posted online, it would suggest that the new content will be made playable at around 11:30am, GMT.
It should be noted that there could still be additional delays and time needed for the deployment of the big game update.
ORIGINAL: Ubisoft announced today that their “Resistance,” update for The Division 1.8 will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC tomorrow, December 5.
It’s not totally clear when the new update will rollout, although it appears fans will need to install the new patch to continue playing.
A livestream event is being held tonight at around midnight, which could mean an early launch for players on all platforms.
Ubisoft say that the Resistance Update 1.8 is the largest free update ever launched for Tom Clancy’s The Division and expands the game map with a new area accessible to all players: West Side Pier.
West Side Pier will be home to two new game modes, here’s the official Ubisoft description for them:
Resistance (PvE mode) – “In Resistance, the different factions are teaming up for the first time to fight against Division agents. Varied enemy NPCs continuously spawn in waves as up to four agents try to survive for as long as they can.
“Enemies drop resources that can be used to either set up defenses or extend the battlefield, offering more tactical options to the players. Players need to cooperate and find the best strategy to complete as many waves as possible and get greater rewards.”
Skirmish (PvP mode) – “In Skirmish, two teams of four players compete against each other to get the highest number of kills before the time expires. Teams earn points each time a downed enemy player is eliminated.”
The Division Free Weekend is coming to all platforms from December 7th to December 10th, giving all owners free access to all of the expansions included in The Division’s Season Pass (Underground, Survival, and Last Stand) from December 5th to December 10th.
The main Division 1.8 patch notes can be found below, the full balancing details can be found here.
New feature: West Side Pier
- West Side Pier is a completely new area accessible for all agents where two new game modes take place: ‘Resistance’ and ‘Skirmish’. In the zones, the enemy factions are teaming up to take the fight to the Division agents.
- The West Side Pier map stretches over two named zones: Piers North and Piers South.
- A new safe house will be available named Camp Clinton. Camp Clinton will act as a new social hub, similar to the Terminal, for Update 1.8.
- West Side Pier features a new dynamic spawning system for enemies, new special assignments, and daily assignments.
- West Side Pier Commendations have been added.
New feature: Skirmish
- In Skirmish, two teams of four agents compete against each other to get the highest number of kills before the timer expires. Teams earn points each time a downed enemy agent is eliminated.
- Agents can start a Skirmish session from the Last Stand matchmaking gate in the Base of Operations or Camp Clinton.
- PvP rank (previously called Last Stand rank) cap has been increased from 40 to 99. Last Stand and Skirmish both contribute to this progression.
- New PvP rank rewards have been added, including Classified Caches.
- Skirmish Commendations have been added.
New feature: Rogue 2.0
- The Rogue system in the Dark Zone has been overhauled for Update 1.8.
- To go Rogue, the agent needs to toggle their Rogue status before being able to do any damage to friendly agents. Any member of their group can choose to also go Rogue or to leave the group.
- Manhunt levels and objectives have been added. Agents reaching Manhunt status will now have an objective to interact with, which will reward Manhunt Caches. Non-Rogue agents will see the general area of the Manhunt objective and will be rewarded for stopping the Manhunt agents.
New feature: Optimization Station
- Gear Optimization provides an all new way for agents to invest in their favorite gear and achieve the perfect min-maxed build for their playstyle. Agents can take any of their gear to the new Gear Optimization station and spend Division Tech and Credits to improve the quality of the item’s stats towards their cap.
New feature: Resistance
- The update introduces a new PvE game mode called ‘Resistance’ where factions are teaming up for the first time to fight against Division agents. Enemy NPCs continuously spawn in waves as the agents try to survive for as long as they can.
- This new PvE game mode takes place in three arenas in West Side Pier.
- Agents can start an event from the map or by walking to the arena locations located in West Side Pier and initializing the event from there.
- Resistance Commendations have been added.
New feature: Underground changes
- The old Directives have been removed and replaced by new ones that bring new gameplay options.
- Electro Tech – New electro-tech gives the player vastly reduced cool-down on skills, however a side effect of this experimental technology causes disruption to other electrical systems while a skill is activate.
- Adrenal Healing –Agents are granted a constant adrenaline boost, restoring their health, however the extra intake means less frequent use is available for all healing abilities.
- Kinetic Armor – Experimental new gear that increases Agents armor as they increase their movement speed. Armor protection is significantly reduced when static.
- Compensator – Experimental tech that gives all weapons extra stability when firing down the sights; however due to weight of this tech Agents have decreased ammo capacity.
- Shock Ammo – Specially designed magazines allow for permanent shock bullets, but with constant fire this can cause it to be unusable for a short time and potentially shock the Agent.
- The Underground will now have checkpoints.
- Hunters have been added to the Underground as a random spawn. When they show up, there will always be one more Hunter than there are agents present. Slain Hunters have a chance of dropping Exotics and Classified Gear Sets.
- The Rave Room from the End is NY mission has been added to the room rotation.
- New Directives panel added to the Tactical Operations Center.
- New quick launch options in the Tactical Operations Center for Daily and 3 Phase 5 Directive Operations.
- Underground Daily Operations and Weekly Assignment information added to the map.
- The Underground has been given weekly assignments, and will reward a Weekly Cache which contains an Exotic.
- Rewards have been increased overall in the Underground.
- New Underground Commendations have been added.
- New Patches have been added as commendation rewards.
- Added ability to fast travel to Daily Operations.
- Players are now able to match-make for customized operations and for daily operations.
New Exotic Weapons:
Four new Exotic weapons have been added to the game.
The House (Submachine Gun)
- Special Talent: Card Counter
- One half of the magazine does 20% increased damage. The half which deals increased damage flips after 15 seconds or when the magazine is empty.
Big Alejandro (Light Machine Gun)
- Special Talent: Cover Shooter
- Every bullet fired at an enemy from cover increases weapon damage by 0.5% up to 50%. The bonus lasts for 10 seconds. Getting a kill with this weapon while in cover resets the duration. The bonus damage is cancelled by reloading, swapping weapons, or exiting combat.
Devil (Marksman Rifle)
- Special Talent: Fire
- Headshots increase stability by 30% for 15 seconds. Body shots increase headshot damage by 30% for 15 seconds.
- Set Bonus talent used together with Heel: The Devil’s Heel
- Both weapons gain the Fire and Fury talents and the buff durations are increased by 15 seconds. Bonuses from Fire and Fury are no longer lost when swapping between Fire and Fury. Weapon swap speed is increased by 50%.
Heel (Marksman Rifle)
- Special Talent: Fury
- Hitting weak points increase weapon damage by 15% for 15 seconds. Hitting skill proxies increase critical hit damage by 30% for 15 seconds.