Both include slightly different content, with the PlayStation patch focused on fixing a few different issues.
It’s been confirmed by Studio Wildcard that the new PS4 Update brings clients (and local servers) up to date versus our Official Servers, with the patch resolving a crash, as well as fixing an exploit discovered with ziplines.
The new Xbox One update is bigger, weighing in at around 6.3GB to the base game and 1.4GB for Aberration.
While not including much new content, the new patch resolves the recent player-dedicated save issue, turret crash, as well as catching the client up a little to our server-side fixes.
The most current ARK Survival patch notes for Xbox One and PS4 can be found below:
- Aberrant dinos set to downloadable on non-Aberration servers.
- Fix for Aberration player dedicated servers not saving.
- Added Basilisk saddle to Smithy-type crafting stations where it was meant to be.
- Fixed some Lantern Pet inventories mistakenly being flagged as Tribute Inventories.
- Fixed server language crash
- Reduced Cavewolf damage by approximately 40%
- Increased Wild Basilisk HP by 50%
- Increased Wild Reaper King Damages by 300%
- Made Aqua Shroom properly restore Water stat
- Added Nameless to certain areas of Biolum Chamber where they were missing
- Removed Piranhas from starting-area pool
- Fixed case where Aberration Endboss sometimes wouldn’t appear on clients, also fixed similar issue with Ragnarok Endbosses
- Fix for Sarcos spawning in beginner portal pool
- Wild non-alpha Reaper Kings no longer grant XP
- Platform switch collision is improved to allow you to easily directly climb onto it with a ladder attached to the elevator track
- Wood elevator platform weight limit increased
- Wood elevator can now be lifted while it’s falling to stop it, and you can now repeatedly click the lift command without having to re-open the action wheel
- Postprocessing Error fix
- Fixed a crash when looking at Turrets set to Survivors and Mounted Players
- Fixed Zipline collision issue which allowed players to get through map/structures. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed server crash with inventories.
Today saw a new ARK Survival Evolved update on PS4, although no patch notes have been released for it.
While there are upcoming changes being made to the console version of the game, that patch is still listed as being in the certification process.
More could be revealed on the ARK 1.55 update on PS4 later this week.
Today also saw the big ARK Survival Evolved update the makes the game an official Xbox One Anywhere title.
It means that ARK has officially launched on the Windows 10 platform, and is now available to buy on the Microsoft Store.
This new version of ARK includes the base game along with ‘Primitive+’, ‘The Center’, and ‘Ragnarok’ mods, and Scorched Earth and Aberration DLC.
It also means that ARK Survival Evolved is now available as a Crossplay game as well.
A new ARK Survival Evolved update is out now on PS4
Here’s more from Studio Wildcard on the subject: “Everything is tied to your Microsoft/Live account.
“This means that you can pick up your adventure wherever you left off, switching between your Xbox One and PC while dynamically taking your saved progress, Gamerscore, DLC, and achievements with you.
“With the release of Windows 10, comes a new exciting feature: CrossPlay (cross-platform online multiplayer).
“Whether it’s playing on Xbox from the comfort of your sofa with a controller in hand, or at your Windows 10 Gaming Desktop, survivors with this Play Anywhere title can take advantage of CrossPlay and live on the ARK with their tribe across both platforms. You’ll be able to tame, harvest, and dominate with each other!
“For those wanting to jump into the CrossPlay experience immediately, you can do so by browsing our Official Server network for matches titles ‘CrossPlay’. We’ve launched 24 servers, a mixture of PvE and PvP, clustered by region available to play right now.
“CrossPlay is enabled by default for anyone hosting a server via their consoles. You can disable it, by just unchecking the ‘Enable CrossPlay’ option when hosting a session! It’ll appear in a dialogue box, after beginning to host a server.”
In a recent update earlier today, Wildcard confirmed that Crossplay is now good to go on Player Dedicated and Non-Dedicated servers.
However, there are also a few drawbacks to know about too.
Unofficial mods will not be available through the Windows 10 version of the game, due to the current lack of a User Generated Content storage and cloud delivery pipeline equivalent to the Steam Workshop.
If you want to experience a modded ARK right now, the best way to do so would be through the Steam version of the game.