Bungie finally revealed their plans for the future of 2018 in a new blogpost with some pretty extensive changes coming to the game for the next few seasons.
There’s too much to round up here, so you should make sure to head over to the blog and read all the upcoming changes as outlined by Christopher Barrett, the Game Director at Bungie.
For now though, we turn our immediate attention back to Xur and hope that Agent of the Nine returns today with some amazing new exotic stock to spend our Legendary Shards on before the new year.
If you’re looking for the mysterious tentacle-faced merchant this week, you won’t find him just yet, so don’t bother checking the Destiny Reddit page for info.
Equally, as players discovered last week, there is a new time when Xur appears, following the games recent Destiny 2 Reset changes. It means the Agent of Nine will now arrive at 9am PST, 12pm EST, 5pm UK, 6pm CET.
When he does randomly appear, it’ll be somewhere, in one of the four public spaces of Titan, Io, Nessus, the European Dead Zone.
For those curious, Bungie has ruled out the possibility of Xur appearing in the Patrol Zone of Mercury, instead appearing in The Tower when the flashpoint is on Mercury.
Stick with us as we reveal where Xur can be found this week and what he’s selling in exchange for his Legendary shards. In the meantime, you can recap what Xur was selling last week in the gallery below:
What was Xur selling last week? January 5 – January 9
Last week Xur was selling the following stock, which Guardians could buy using their Legendary Shards:
• Merciless Fusion Rifle – 29 Legendary Shards
• Young Ahamkara’s Spine Exotic Gauntlets armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Mask of the Quiet One Exotic Helmet armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Wings of Sacred Dawn Exotic Cheast armour – 23 Legendary Shards
Xur was also selling the following two items:
• Three of Coins – 31 Legendary Shards
• Fated Engram – 97 Legendary Shards
It’s worth noting every Exotic listed above is a 305 Power level, which was great for anyone who wanted to attempt the Leviathan Raid, which required that Guardians are a minimum level of 305 before starting – an increase from 270 since the launch of the Curse of Osiris DLC.
New Xur Changes since Update 184.108.40.206
Xur has some new items to sell each week which were introduced with the games 220.127.116.11 update:
• Every week, you’ll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that aren’t already in your collection
• A simpler Three of Coins that boosts Exotic drop rates from any source for 4 hours
• No obscure stacking mechanics or need to re-apply before every boss
• These cost Legendary Shards and you can have as many as you like
HOW TO ACQUIRE LEGENDARY SHARDS IN DESTINY 2?
Legendary Shards have replaced the Strange Coins as Xur’s currency of choice, but should you still be finding your feet within the game, then below you’ll find a list of every which way you can obtain Legendary Shards in the game:
• Dismantling Legendary weapons and armour (x 2)
• Dismantling Exotic weapons and armour (x 10)
• Strike bosses (rare)
• Weekly Nightfalls
• Planetary chests (rare)
• Lost Sector chests
• Raid chests
• Raid encounters
If you haven’t acquired enough Legendary Shards just yet to buy Xur’s stock, then make sure to farm them quick because Xur and his exotic stock won’t be around for long.
You’ll want to make sure you acquire enough Legendary Shards before the mysterious vendor skips town, which now takes place every Tuesday at 10AM along with the games Weekly Reset.