PUBG Corp has rolled out a new patch for the Xbox One version of their PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. Changes have been made to the game’s control scheme, and an auto/run function has been added. Other various bugs have been fixed.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – the Xbox One version – has a new patch. The update has improved performance and the game’s controller bindings. The folks over at PUBG Corp have been working to fix PUBG’s controls on Xbox One since the last patch rolled out.
They haven’t done much in terms of the control scheme, but some changes have been made. Players are now able to double click the left stick to auto-run, and drop equipped weapons with Y even in the inventory screen. You can also cancel drinking/healing animations while using the inventory screen.
The grenade cycle function that was addressed in a previous patch has now returned to the d-pad. All you have to do is click right on it. The PUBG controller guide has been update to reflect these changes.
The latest update also added the auto-run function. The new function is activated from a standstill, provided you click L3. On top of all the controller changes, the update has brought some bug fixes and performance optimisations. The update is now live.
The patch notes are super short this time around so I’ve pasted them right here:
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double clicking L3 will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimisations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
- Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
- Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
- Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
- Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
- “A” button will no longer refresh game results screen
- Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
- Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate’s in-game map
- Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
- Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes